California Trip Pictures
On Wednesday, February 28, 2007, after about a gazillion years of not traveling anywhere by air, I got dumped off at Metro at 0-dark-thirty, blew through security, and boarded a Boeing 757 bound for San Francisco to see The Beautiful Lizard Breath, my number one beach urchin. Number one meaning nothing more than oldest.
I was out there for five days, returning to the hardland of the winter the following Monday. I was in pretty desperate need of a trip that took me somewhere besides my usual busman’s holidays up and down the I75 SUV Speedway and I fell head over heels in love with the bay area.
We spent my time in California doing pretty much exactly what we wanted to do. Liz had to go to work and I filled that time either chipping away at the huge pile of homework that never goes away or walking around Berkeley. Other than that, our very loose agenda included traversing the bay area soaking up the sights. No big shopping trips or fancy restaurants or structured events. Just the two of us walking all over everywhere.
Here are links to my trip pictures (Grok grok! Mine too! Grok grok):
Posts I made about my trip are at these links, some more coherent than others:
- Babble, Babble, Kerflop
- Jetlag or Whatever
- 4.2 at 20:40 PST, 37.901N, 122.098W (earthquake and scary street person)
- Warf, Warf, Warf
- Whales, buses, bridges, and cows, not necessarily in that order.
- Moom, is it weird to stay at your kid’s house? (pic of Liz/Renee)
- The Hardland of the Winter (pic of the “Courtuenkels”)
- Grandmother’s Prophecies
- Omigod, I have to blahg today! (rambling on about flying and other random stuff)
- Welcome to Callyforny, pictures #1 (“warf” and Chinatown)
- Callyforny pics, #2 and #3 (Point Reyes, Haight/Ashbury, Golden Gate Park, The Mission)