Drank champagne and danced all night

That was the clue for the first word I entered in the NYT xword this morning. For a long time it was the only word I entered. I’m still maybe only about 10% done with it. Just cannot get any traction today. Not sure if I eventually will or if this puzz is just not in my wheelhouse. Anyway, I was doing the xword on my phone down at the Planet Ann Arbor farmer’s market a little after seven this morning, eating a donut with chocolate frosting and sprinkles and drinking coffee from Roo’s Roast. Between hoop houses and our unusually warm spring, the farmer’s market was hopping today!

We bought a few things, hoofed it back to the Landfill, then filled up the loverly old Courtois trailer with the rest of the wood from Hans’s old tree (the one that fell on our house a few years ago) plus some other old, crappy wood. Filling up the trailer entails walking by this birdhouse, which is about at eye-level. It is occupied. You might need to click to embiggen the pic. (Don’t worry, the mama was not all that freaked out about our presence).

So with our trailer filled with junk, off we went, snaking down around south and east of town to get to the landfill. I mean the real landfill, not the Landfill that I live in. I feel a little less like the Beverly Hillbillies when we pull the crappy old trailer with the Frog Hopper than I did when we used to haul it with The Indefatigable. I still feel a bit like a hillbilly (and that is a good thing).

We paid $20 to dump our crap but we were not quite finished with the trailer yet. Why? Because one of the things we *took* to the landfill was an old arbor that disintegrated some time in the last few months. And one of the things we *bought* at the farmer’s market was the beauteous arbor in the pic below. We have been eyeballing it for months. We aren’t sure if it is in its permanent location or not. We’re auditioning it there for a bit. Anyway, we couldn’t exactly haul something like that the two miles home on foot, so we bought it and went back to pick it up.

All in all, a pretty darn productive day. When we got home with the arbor, the mail had arrived and there was an astounding number of packages on the front porch but I’ll tell y’all about that some other day… I triaged the latest ton of papers to arrive from Siberia, recycling or shredding most of it (because I have online access to it all). Potted some little basil plants, walked to the Plum Market, drove through the bank (ATM) and post office, laundry and a little weeding and I dunno what else. The GG went to war against the Urushiol Oil Cartel, the one that operates rather clandestinely in our own otherwise loverly back yard. We are grilling tonight. Hope y’all are having fun whatever you’re doing.

Good night,

4 Responses to “Drank champagne and danced all night”

  1. Sam Says:

    Gorgeous arbor! Can’t wait to see it? Huh huh have you named it? Har!

  2. isa Says:

    I’m just gonna come out and say it: ANNE’S ARBOUR!

  3. Pooh Says:

    I like the arbor — very cool. One of us, hopefully not me, needs to stage war on the urushiol operatives here.

  4. jane Says:

    Anne’s Arbour — good one. I especially like the British spelling.